23 February 2009

I just gave notice at my job. I plan to head east by March 13 or so at the latest.

Now that I've made the decision I feel some relief, and still some disappointment over what happened with the person here who I thought was a friend. I also feel excited. This just isn't the place for me to settle long term, which I knew, and since the main project I came to work on has fallen through, I'm going to redirect my energies into other projects elsewhere.

Packing and shipping are now the name of the game.

4 comments:

Syltegeek said...

It seems that something around you is always urging you to move, that it's been a pattern for some years now. I must admit it makes me curious. Do you know why yet?

Baruch said...

It's funny eh? I stayed in one place from 1990 to 2005...maybe I'm making up for that? One thing I am learning in this situation is that perhaps I need to find/create a situation that is a combination of having a home base and traveling, while travel remains as easy as it is nowadays.

Syltegeek said...

That sounds like a good goal, and I hope you find a way to do it!

Unknown said...

Welcome back. We will hold on to the snow and cold as long as we can but it feels like an early spring. Looking forward to seeing your face. Safe travels.