03 December 2023

Sunday Morning You Sure Look...

 ...fine, here in the West Indies. It's sunny and warm with a nice breeze. It's nice.  We have been without internet service all week, the 2 month old new modem set-up provided by the monopoly internet service Flow (owned by Cable & Wireless) failed last Sunday night.  I have been seeing clients via phone hot-spot but that's not always good. Probably 1/3 of my meetings last week did not happen.  I really don't like not showing up for people when I've said I'd be there, not to mention the lost income.  We have been told every day by a Flow Rep that someone is on their way, and no one has shown up yet. What a way to run a business!  But mine are US expectations in a small developing just barely post-colonial exploited society. So I adjust, one has to. It did lead to a very frustrating week, including some recording anomaly in Paradigms, some reverb on my voice in the interview.  That was not intentional, but so it goes.

This week's Paradigms episode is about war.  I'm really happy with the way it came out.  The guest, Marc Eliot Stein from World Beyond War, was great to talk with about war and humans and all of it. It's such a pleasure to choose music to go along with an interview like this.  This is the creative part, painting pictures/telling stories with other people's songs and words, to convey what I intend to convey.  The songs chosen for this week's show are like perfectly fitting puzzle pieces.

All media has an agenda, I am right out front with my media production agenda, to inspire people to have visions of a viable future for life on Earth including humans. Certainly Peace is part of that.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I hope you get back online soon. Here’s to a calmer week.