20 February 2008

Sunny, in the 20's F, snow in the canyons and mountains, none on the valley floor.

It has been my good fortune to have this time to move at my own pace, to work on projects in my fashion which is to have many going at once and gradually work a little on each thing...moving from project to project. The online class Healing Magic is set to start in a little more than a month. The materials are in good shape. It's a joyous opportunity, to put together and offer material that will, hopefully, be transformative as well as informative for the class participants.

I wonder what it would be like to live in a society where we were all encouraged to move at our own pace, to work on projects which inspire us. In my position of privilege as an American I have been able to carve out niches of time and space to live in this way. I know others who do so as well. It seems to me that one either has to have so much resource that one can afford to set one's own pace, or have so little that you are not beholdin' to a job or rent or mortgage. The folks in the middle are certainly being squeezed.

When I meet people who appear to be living less "in the box" they tend to be folks who have chosen to follow a path that is true to something inside of themselves. That takes courage, especially when there is so much encouragement, even demand, for conformism. Courage is interesting. Using my own life as a frame of reference (the best one I have!) I am struck in moments with how I have changed my life in the last few years, and how it could be scary except it isn't for the most part (notable exceptions having to do with physical health). It's pretty exciting.

Then I think about the trip I am about to embark on and go...whoa! What the...?! Can I really do this stuff?? I know I can, and it's exhilarating to keep realizing that.

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Courage is such a great thing, to have the courage to try new things, to step out of the box, is so uplifting and satisfying. It is ment to feel like this for us humans, I think. Only this way we can discover who we truelly are. And feel the divine within. Your trip to Europe will be fantastic and heartwarming, off course. Just fun!
And we have always space in our home for you! Love Elisa.