17 October 2009

It is a beautiful sunny Saturday in Vermont. It's warmish, the leaves are falling, the garden is now only providing kale and mustard greens. I brought in the butternut squash this week...some of them more than 2 feet long!

I am finishing up the fourth week of my news fast. I visited a couple of sites today, and found the information to be so toxic I didn't read a lot. My mood continues to be better. No news really IS good news!

I am focused on this; all of the stuff we've been saying is unsustainable IS unsustainable. It is falling apart. We don't need to tear apart the bogus economy, the war machine, corrupt government. It is all in the process of self-destructing. We, or at least I, am better off building ways to live that do not depend on the capitalistic paradigm. What a relief! I don't have to be in a fight against the empire, the empire is killing itself. I think, instead, I will just keep living a magical life, loving Earth and life, seeing friends, doing work I believe in, and all that good stuff.

What about you? What are the weighty things that drag you down, can some of them be released? What do you WANT to focus on?

P.S. Tomorrow night's Paradigms is amazing! If you love Jazz or wish you loved Jazz, tune in!!

No comments: