13 April 2008

Israel! It's hot. I am in the north where it is surprisingly green though I am told it has been a very dry winter. We did a workshop yesterday on ritual skills that culminated in a ritual that was pretty amazing.

This is a short entry as I am sitting outside a McDonalds in Karmi'el using my (lousy!) battery.

I am moved to tears often here. The people I am with are beautiful and working hard to grow and learn and contribute. Energy moves through me here. I never wanted to come to Israel but there is no denying that this is a power spot on Earth, and I feel it.

Today I am 48. I spent time thinking about my mother who gave birth to me 48 years ago today, and the amazing journey I have been on ever since.

I am filled to overflowing with love and gratitude. It may sound corny, but it's real and such a gift.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Baruch!

I'd forgotten that we almost shared a birth day: mine is April 12, and I just turned 52. I've felt something similar to your thoughts about "all is love" (all matter, the universe, etc.), but not known how to express it. And found/find myself utterly flabbergasted that people can be cruel to other people (not in a naive way, but just not being able to understand how/why someone could do such things), and very, very sad.

I remember the power I felt the time I traveled in that holy land. Truly a place of power, even in its seeming barrenness -- I finally understood why three contemporary religions were born there, and why everyone seems to want to possess it. But how can anyone possibly possess what is there?!? Drink it in, celebrate it, share it, revel in it, respect it, honor it, yes. But own it? I don't think so!

Bright and dark blessings,

Marilyn