03 April 2008

Wow. I am in Italy in a stone house on a hill facing a valley of steep cliffs and ancient terraced herb and tree gardens.

The journey was intense. Train from Schiedam to Amsterdam, train from Amsterdam to Milano through Bonn and Frankfurt and Mannheim, Basel, Vienna...all places I have heard of all my life and not yet visited. Chloe the cat had some rough times with the travel until I figured out (with encouragement from a friend thank you!) to use the leash halter thingy I have. She rode in my lap from Holland to Italy and that was fine. Schlepping the disintegrating duffle tied together with rope weighing 50 pounds and a drum bag and a computer knapsack and a cat in a cat cage...this was challenging, but we did it!

I went to the TIM store in Milano station and got a gsm phone and a usb internet modem similar to the one I have in the US, so I can do my online work here. Woo hoo!!

Here are some photos.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, so you made it and Cloe is fine. That's great! :-)

Shakti said...

Yay,,,,so exciting to be in Italy, of all places. Who would have thought???

Enjoy....

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures! Glad you made it in one piece with Chloe.

Nika

Shakti said...

Oh my god, Baruch. The photos are amazing!!! How jealous am I?